Friday 11 April 2014

The Julie Cardigan (FREE Pattern!)

Finally got around to doing another blog post!
I've been writing up this pattern and making it available to download.

I was asked by my mum if I could make her a cardigan for Christmas last year. I kept getting the sizing of it wrong, so eventually I took her measurements and came up with my own pattern. This was the pattern I was originally going to make (I'd done it once before and it came out fine), but I ended up using some of the stitches and cable work from it in my own pattern.



You can download the pattern for the Julie Cardigan here. If you make it and post pictures online, please say where you got the pattern from! As I was on a budget, I used relatively cheap Aran wool. I also had to buy buttons for it and some circular needles, so in the end it cost around £20, which I thought was reasonable. The circular needles are relatively cheap on Amazon, but to be honest there isn't much difference in price if you go to a shop. It depends how quickly you want them!

The buttons were from ebay (here), again they were relatively cheap, but they were the perfect colour for the cardigan.



I hope you enjoy making it. Make sure you read the whole pattern through first, as there is some complicated cable work at the same time as the shaping.

Happy Knitting!

Gabgar.

P.S. I've included check boxes on the pattern, as I find it easier to keep track of my increases and decreases, hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment